Published at PO Box 96 124 W. St. Clair Romeo, MI 48065. Phone: (586)752-3524 Fax: (586)752-0548
Updated Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 3 PM EST
|Home||Sports||Community||What's Happening||Classifieds||News Summary|
|DONALD COOK||DONALD MIDDLETON|
|GEORGE STIEGLER||GLENN KALBFLEISCH|
|JAMES RICHTER||LAWRENCE ZIENERT|
|NORMAN MOREFIELD||POLLY BOLDT|
|THEOLA PETERSON||TYLER STOKES|
|WILLIAM DEVINS||WILLIAM TALLIS|
|Browse Full Text...|
Friday, 2 pm
Inserts Friday, Noon
Editorial Monday, Noon
Service Directory Display Monday, 2 pm
Service Directory Liners Monday, 3 pm
Classified Liners All Holiday Deadlines are One Full Workday Earlier
You are Viewing an Archived IssuePosted: 05/28/14
RT special assessment district a consideration
by STACY SOBOTKAThe Ray Township Board of Trustees approved a resolution to have their attorney develop a special assessment district process at their meeting May 20.
Observer Special Writer
In the same motion, the board also approved the development of a resolution to levy special assessment districts.
"We don't have (a process) yet," said Clerk Paula Artman. "We're just trying to get our paperwork in order."
The township is considering establishing a special assessment district for residents who live along Apple Lane to perform improvements to the street. Each household has the option to pay either $5,937 for paving or $1,442 to make the road limestone and gravel.
"We're basing this on engineering estimates, so once we get on board with the project, it will be put out to bids and it could be less than that amount," said Supervisor Charlie Bohm.
The board will finalize the project at a later date.
The board also approved a motion to send a written notification to Stephanie Burgess, the program manager of Community Development Block Grants, in order to continue to participate in the program for the next three years.
"My recommendation is that we continue the way we are, even though we're struggling trying to get funding," said Artman.
In other business, the Board of Trustees:
• Approved a request to accept an offer for a vacant property on New Haven Road with conditions that were published in the township's bid package.
• Approved a contract with DTE Energy to install a light pole at Endeavour Middle School.
• Appointed Rita Harman as a permanent member of the Board of Review and Mel Dodson as an alternate.
• Approved a contract with the Macomb County Department of Roads to apply limestone along Hartway Road from 29 Mile to 30 Mile Road, and Omo Road 500 feet from the end of the last application to the township line, and 31 Mile Road from Hartway Road until the supply is exhausted.
• Approved a one-year contract with Richmond-Lenox EMS Ambulance Authority.
• Approved a contract with Macomb County regarding a tax tribunal refund agreement.