Published at PO Box 96 124 W. St. Clair Romeo, MI 48065. Phone: (586)752-3524 Fax: (586)752-0548
Updated Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 3 PM EST
|Home||Sports||Community||What's Happening||Classifieds||News Summary|
|BEVERLY WITT||Death notice . . .|
|DEATH NOTICES||FREDDIE HEPTING|
|Browse Full Text...|
Friday, 2 pm
Inserts Friday, Noon
Editorial Monday, Noon
Service Directory Display Monday, 2 pm
Service Directory Liners Monday, 3 pm
Classified Liners All Holiday Deadlines are One Full Workday Earlier
You are Viewing an Archived IssuePosted: 06/11/14
MCSO responds to explosionTwo Sanilac Drain and Tile Company workers were injured following a natural gas line rupture in Richmond on June 3.
At 1 p.m., the Macomb County Sheriff's Office received a call referencing a loud explosion in the area of Place Road south of 33 Mile Road.
Deputies and emergency personnel responded. Investigations revealed that a crew was laying tile in a field and ruptured a gas line belonging to Blue Water Gas Storage and caused an explosion. Two men, ages 52 and 23, were injured as a result, and were transported to the hospital for treatment. Both men were reported as being in stable condition.
Built-in safety valves activated to shut off the leaking gas. No other injuries or damage to property were reported.